Desperate Housewives: In the Kitchen.
What are they really telling us?
- “Radishes take on a new whimsical quality when suspended in New Celery Flavor JELL-O® Gelatin for Salads.” -Anne Marie Whitman, 1965
2. “Dear, if you ply the Murphy’s with enough Ballantine’s Ale©®, they’ll never notice I burned the pot roast.” -Cynthia Dearfield, 1957
3. “Bud, do you think your father’s secretary is prettier than I am?” -Helen Baker, 1955
4. “When Jim sees me balancing all these Coca Cola’s©® on a tray without spilling, he’ll pin me for sure!” -Jean Billingsley-Wells, 1949
5. “You’d never guess the secret to my chocolate cake is Farmer Peet’s©® Open Kettle Rendered Lard. Not only is it tastier than butter, it’s also better for you!” -Peggy Nelson, 1953
6. “Sue and Carol can’t even make a satisfying bowl of Campbell’s Chicken and Stars Soup©® without screwing it up. They’d better watch their figures and pay attention in sewing class, or they’ll never find a man to take care of them.” -Shirley Daugherty, 1959
7. “Thank goodness for Roche brand Valium©®.” -Margaret Walker, 1962
8. “If only I could trust Eddie like I trust my authentic stainless steel cookware by Magnalite©®.” –Bette Jenkins, 1960
9. “Hey girls, my waist is smaller, my breasts are pointier, and my Kelvinator©® is better stocked. Now who wants ham?” -Kitty McEntire, 1952
10. “When no one is looking, I eat Nestle Toll House©® Premium Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough right out of the tube.” -Ginger Lewis, 1964
This post is dedicated to Mary Elizabeth.